Sunday, July 27, 2008

Say Yes to the Dress!

Has anyone ever ever watched the show, Say Yes to the Dress? It's about a store in New York called Kleinfeld's, one of the biggest bridal gown stores known to womankind. TLC has a reality series based on the happening within the store. The show is completely terrifying. These women pick and chose through thousands of dresses, until they find "the one" for them. I want to know how many men these women dated to find "the one" compared to how many dresses they tried on to find "the one." I bet the dresses outnumber the men.

You know how many dresses I tried on until I found, "the one?"

One.

I tried on my dress tonight (sans zipper) at Carole's (dressmaker) house and I fell in love with it. It's the first time I've seen it, ever, and I was soooo excited I couldn't stand it. I may have clapped with excitement, it was that bad. It's unlike any other wedding dress I've ever seen. And I'm not just saying that. It's definitely true. I blogged about it earlier and I know it might have sounded kind of scary (Plaid dress? What?) but I promise it's not. The dress is gorgeous and adorable and fun. Carole even made me twirl in her living room after she had me pinned all in. This dress twirls. It twirls like nobody's business. We may have to add Twist and Shout to the playlist just for the sake of my awesome twirl capabilities.

I'm going back on Wednesday to try it on with the zipper and some fancy hemming work she's going to do. Then, a few minor details left to add and it's done!

No comments: